[BluesList] The move to new list software
k***@aol.com
2014-02-03 23:30:57 UTC
January 2014 Living Blues playlist report for: Blues Before Monday; Blue
Monday and Blues Break on KMSU/KMSK & the Maverick Radio Network (Mankato,
Austin, Albert Lea & Fairmont, Minnesota), 89.7, 91.3 or 91.9 FM, WWW.KMSU.ORG
Minnesota State University--Mankato, Mankato, Minnesota. Contact: Mark
Halverson, 133 Lincoln Street, Mankato, MN 56001; FAX: (507) 345-6407; or at
***@AOL.COM.

1. Los Lobos/Disconnected In New York City/429
2. Catfish Keith/Honey Hole/Fishtail
3. Michael Packer/I Am The Blues – My Story/Iris
4. Tommy Castro and the Pain Killers/The Devil You Know/Alligator
5. Shaun Murphy/Livin the Blues/Vision Wall
6. Magic Sam/Live At the Avant Garde/Delmark
7. Tinsley Ellis/Midnight Blue/Heartfixer Music
8. Damon Fowler/Sounds of Home/Blind Pig
9. Trudy Lynn / Royal Oaks Blues Cafe / Connor Ray Music
10. JJ Thames/Tell You What I Know/DeChamp
11. Sena Ehrardt/All In/Blind Pig
12. Mark T. Small/Smokin’ Blues/Lead Foot
13. The Bob Lanza Blues Band/Til the Pain is Gone/Rob Lanza
14. John McVey/Meet Me in Houston/Artists International
15. Eddie Cotton/Here I Come/DeChamp
16. James Booker/Classified (remixed & expanded)/Rounder
17. Haley Devestern Band/Fabbo Boffo Smash/Self
18. Terry Gillespie/Blues Soul/Indie
19. Hard Garde3n//Blue Yonder/H.G.
20. Charlie Owen/Worth The Wait/Self
21. Niecie/Wanted Woman/Ride The Tiger
22. Honey Island Swamp Band/Cane Sugar/Louisiana Red Hot
23. Debbie Bond & The Trudats/The Thing Called Love/Blues Road
24. Paul Rogers.The Royal Sessiona/Pie Records
25. G.B. Roots/The Key/Self

Blues Before - Monday Sundays 7 - 10:00 PM
Blues Break - Weekdays 11:30 AM
Blue Monday - Monday 6 - 7:00PM
KMSU/KMSK
89.7 Mankato
91, Austin
99.1 Albert Lea
99.1 Fairmont
On the web: WWW.KMSU.ORG

P.W. Fenton
2014-02-09 16:29:37 UTC
So what kind of progress are we making in terms of moving to new list software? I have stopped posting because this is so unpredictable and un-controllable.

P.W. Fenton
Hudson, FL
http://BluesLand.Net

Rich Kulawiec
2014-02-09 20:01:03 UTC
Post by P.W. Fenton
So what kind of progress are we making in terms of moving to new list software?
Quite a bit actually -- although I've been interrupted by weather and
power outages twice in the last week.

I have the software already configured on a running virtual machine.
I spent some time trying to find a suitable domain but punted on that
because (a) none appear to be available and (b) I didn't want to
keep pouring time into that at the expense of getting everything
else done. I'll just use a subdomain of one of mine, it's fastest
and easiest. The archives have been pre-processed and I started
another shot on Monday.

I still have a bit of email plumbing to do, and one pending DNS
update. And it probably wouldn't hurt to do a few test messages
before throwing the switch to make it live. But we're pretty close
unless either (a) I've done something truly boneheaded or (b) the
power goes out at home. Again.

---rsk

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
Blues-L
Please note changes
- To post, send email to: Blues=***@listserv.nethelps.com (Blues (underscore=
) L @ listserv.nethelps.com)
- To contact the list administrator, send a message to: Blues=5FL-***@lis=
tserv.nethelps.com
- To unsubscribe, send a new email to: ***@listserv.nethelps.com, with the=
message: unsubscribe Blues=5FL
pam
2014-02-09 20:30:28 UTC
Rich,

Thank you so much for all of your efforts. Just want you to know that
they are appreciated. This has been one heck of a winter with all of
the storms.

Pam
Rich Kulawiec
2014-02-18 13:08:35 UTC
Post by pam
Thank you so much for all of your efforts. Just want you to know that
they are appreciated. This has been one heck of a winter with all of
the storms.
You're welcome, and no worries: this is a labor of love, for every
time I listened to Duke Tumatoe at the late great Stabilizer [1]
or Big Twist at Kingston Mines or just put on my aging vinyl
of Albert King with scratches and soul in every last groove.

We got clobbered again last week (and lost power again) but I want
to make it clear that doesn't affect the server (which is in NYC)
just me at home. Of course if I can't get online to work on it, that
does rather slow this setup process down. We're supposed to be
good for the rest of this week, so I'm going to hustle and try to
polish this off before round 3. (4? 5?)

---rsk

[1] West Lafayette, Indiana, near Purdue's campus. Isn't that just
the perfect name for a bar?

Rich Kulawiec
2014-02-22 21:51:08 UTC
FYI: some of you may see some test email messages from me over
the next few days. I'll try to keep it to an absolute minimum.
There's no need to reply unless I ask for one: I can watch the
logs on my side to see what's happening, usually.

(I'm trying to make sure my anti-spam config and your anti-spam
config aren't having disagreements. It wouldn't do to shift
the list's infrastructure if there were major issues.)

WalterPotter
2014-02-09 23:56:12 UTC
May thanks to Rich for his work on this project. This will keep Blues-L
going. We need for our list members to bear with us through these
changes and please, please, post about the blues. It is the members who
really keep a discussion group going. We need you! I'm as guilty as
anyone of not posting so I'll try to post more blues news from my area.
--
Walter
Post by Rich Kulawiec
Post by P.W. Fenton
[...]